Thursday, July 22, 2010

How Dumb was I???

How dumb was I? I fell for you.
I not only believed but loved you too.

You lied to me at every stage,
Now, I am filled with regret and rage.

We’ll be together, you promised me.
One day, happily married we’ll be.

Waiting for the day patiently,
I continuously loved you, intently.

Then you came, and let me know,
You have a spouse, you give me a blow.

My life was shattered that very second,
Broken in pieces, my heart will never mend.

It’s all wrong, I know it well.
But, I love him, I want to yell.

With him I feel everything’s right.
How can I forget, those comforted nights?


My mind says no, my heart disagrees.
They fight between them, like enemies.

There’s nothing for me left to do,
Should I die now, or wait for a day or two?

Nothing will change I know it well,
Let me hang myself, like a bell.

It’s all bleak wherever I see.
I don’t know this world, I don’t know me.

I lost my heart, I lost it all.
You are away, having a ball.

Enough, I say to myself, now.
I want to be alright, I don’t know how?

For how long will I cry, over the rotten past?
The day will rise, this night won’t last.

It will take some time, I very well know.
Enough of crying, enough of feeling low.


I see my future all nice and bright.
No place for you, you are nowhere in sight.

“This though shall pass” I know, it will.
There’s no easy way, there’s no pill.

Slowly I’ll climb the success way,
All your memories I’ll keep at bay.

It might be tough, impossible it’s not.
For you I won’t cry, for you I will not rot.

I promise myself, I’ll live happily.
I face this world, bravely.

This is how I’ll be content.
Forgetting all the past resent.

5 comments:

  1. super work brother!! stumbled upon through blogs ganesh follows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ram: Thanks Bro...Happy to know you liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. too good :) rhyme check, flow check, feelings check... u write very well keep up the good work i will definitely be more regular to your site now on :)

    ReplyDelete